Friday, October 9, 2015

Games staffing firms play - update

My interview at Client Co. finished right at 5 pm, so I didn't call the staffing firm with my feedback; I was going to do it today.  But before going to bed last night, I wrote my thank you note to the interviewer at Client Co. and emailed it to the recruiter at BigTemp.  I had another interview this morning so I didn't check email till just after lunchtime.  BigTemp recruiter replied asking how the interview went and my response was:

"I thought it went well.  There is a disconnect between the salary range on BigTemp's job posting and Client Co's.  The job posting has a range of $20-$22/hr and they said the max was about $18.  That is a significant difference.  Can you explain?"  . . . . <crickets>

I've pondered the lack of response to my email and came up with 3 possibilities:

  1. She's devastated at their faux pas on the salary and is too humiliated to contact me.
  2. She's pissed that a candidate would point out the discrepancy and, by extension, call into question their ethics.  She's unable to respond without popping a vein.
  3. The company views candidates as an unending commodity.  If one raises an uncomfortable point, pass them by - there's plenty more in the candidate pool.
If you chose 3, you may go to the Double Jeopardy round . . . 

1 comment: